For us, there’s no better place to be than outdoors, with our hands in the dirt, the sun on our faces, working with plants. Wouldn’t you agree?
At Samantha’s Gardens, we don’t just want to landscape a home, we want to transform it into an environment our clients will love.
Samantha’s Gardens is a growing company based in Andover, MA, and we are looking to bring on a new Account Manager. We service the Greater Boston area as well as parts of Southern New Hampshire. As an Account Manager, you will be responsible for meeting with new and existing clients, drafting proposals and estimates for new projects, overseeing property maintenance and seasonal requests, and working with gardening crews to ensure client satisfaction while staying on budget. Developing strong client relationships is at the heart of our business, and we are looking for someone who shares that passion with us.
Our team is what makes us who we are and we value our team like family. We work hard and play hard together. And we get to work on some pretty awesome properties!
If you are looking for a place to apply your sales and leadership skills and advance your career in the horticultural industry, and you’d like to work in an environment where attention to detail and quality are top priority, then this position could be right for you.
Why join Samantha’s Garden?
• Competitive hourly pay, starting at $27.00 - $29.00/hour, paid bi-weekly
• Benefits package including health insurance, paid time off, and holiday pay
• Performance bonuses
• Company cookouts
• Opportunity to exercise your creativity
• Take part in our extra events: Cutting Garden, Flower Shows, Farmer’s Market and Holiday Shoppe
• Respectful of a healthy work-life balance
• Company-provided branded apparel
• Professional equipment and tools provided
• Tuition reimbursement for certifications and continuing education with bonus potential
• Opportunities for employees to grow their career within our company if they demonstrate a strong work ethic, employ creative thinking and manage time and projects efficiently and safely
• Company vehicles provided for transportation to job sites.
• Monday to Friday, up to 10-hour shifts (this can vary with overtime available in the peak season), starting between 6:00 and 7:00 am depending on the season. Workdays are finished when the team’s route is complete.
• Certain Saturdays during our peak season of spring and fall are mandatory.
• Meeting with new and existing clients to discuss their vision for their property
• Drafting proposals and estimates for new projects
• Assessing properties and developing annual maintenance contracts
• Communicating client requests to management and lead gardeners
• Coordinating project timelines with management team
• Training crew members on best practices and property details
• Managing project execution by working with crews on planting and transplanting trees, shrubs, and flowers
• Promoting annual maintenance contracts after completion of enhancement projects
• Overseeing property maintenance and seasonal requests
• Ensuring client satisfaction while remaining within project budget
• Reading sets of plans and working with designer/architect on projects
• Designing beautiful containers and annual displays
• Practicing fine gardening
• Contributing to our safety culture by wearing assigned Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
• 2+ years of account management and 4+ years of horticulture experience
• Strong knowledge of horticultural practices and plant identification
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills required to communicate effectively with clients, subcontractors, crews and management.
• Ability to proactively and independently problem solve as issues arise
• Experience with leading crews
• Some experience with disease & insect identification and control preferred, not required
• Design experience preferred, but not required
• Uphold the Samantha’s Gardens philosophy and values
• Being respectful to team members
• Be punctual and maintain a regular, dependable attendance record
• Availability to work variable hours which may include weekends and overtime
• Ability to perform physical work in various weather conditions
• Legal authorization to work in the United States
• Valid driver's license
Contact: Samantha Mannarino