ND Landscape Service's sister company, Grassmaster Plus, Inc. has been providing Full-Service Lawn and Plant Health Care for clients in the North Shore and Metro North since 1980. We are seeking to hire an Operations Manager, who will be a true thought partner, alongside the President and the CEO, to positively influence the company direction and strategy in a proactive manner. The Operations Manager will develop systems and processes to attract and retain our dynamic team of technicians and ensure safety, quality, and efficiency for our staff and customers. This position is also responsible for the management of materials, inventory, scheduling, fleet and managing equipment repair and maintenance, and the annual budget.
• Develop and implement successful recruitment and onboarding strategies to attract and hire qualified technicians by utilizing job advertisements, conducting interviews, and implementing a robust onboarding program.
• Develop and manage all aspects of staff development to retain and support our top talent by implementing effective training programs, conducting weekly staff meetings, providing mentorship, improving retention efforts, and creating a positive and inclusive work environment.
• Monitor and review the performance of staff against annually set production goals and organize necessary interventions for improvement.
• Establish systems and processes for managing inventory, tracking materials and enforcing safety, quality and efficiency protocols.
• Evaluate and improve efficiency in technician scheduling and routing by utilizing technology and route planning software.
• Oversee the management and maintenance of the company’s fleet of vehicles, power equipment and small tools.
• Develop and maintain the annual budget by utilizing financial information, analysis, and recommendations for cost-saving measures, while maintaining safety and customer satisfaction.
• Follow and enforce all established policies, procedures, and recognized practices.
• Recruitment planning and strategy
• Supervisory, training, and coaching skills
• Performance management
• Material and inventory management
• Scheduling and routing management
• Strategic planning
• Budget development and execution
• General computer skills and ability to learn and master “Real Green" and other software
• Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) – Microsoft 365 and Teams
• Minimum of 3 years of experience in operations management or logistics
• Supervisory experience
• Experience in the lawn care industry, preferred
• Sitting at a desk and working on a computer
• Walking, lifting, bending and stooping, driving, maneuvering in and out of vehicle
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
• Annual salary of $70k-$80k, with clearly defined bonus potential
• Eligible employees have access to a variety of company benefits including our health and dental plans, HSA, 401k, LTD/STD, Life Insurance, Paid Time Off, and more!
Join our dynamic team as an Operations Manager at Grassmaster Plus, a leading provider in the lawn care industry, known for our commitment to excellence and customer satisfaction. Be part of our exciting journey towards continuous growth and contribute to maintaining beautiful landscapes for our valued clients. Our Core Values are the backbone of our business and guide our hiring process. We are:
• Committed to Professionalism and Integrity
• Passionate About Continuous Improvement
• Dedicated to Creating WIN-WIN Relationships to Achieve Excellence
• A Systems-Driven Company
• Operate With a Sense of Urgency
If this position caught your eye, apply today! For best consideration, include a resume with your application.