SHOP MANAGER / MECHANIC:
Shop Manager / Mechanic Role:
The Shop Manager / Mechanic is responsible for performing on-site and on-road diagnostics, service repairs and maintenance work on landscaping and snow equipment in a safe timely manner as well as tracking inventory of related equipment parts, tools, and supplies. The Mechanic will be accountable for all duties pertaining to shop and yard organization and cleanliness daily. Proper communication is needed to coordinate with the Operations Manager to ensure priorities are being met and systems are being followed by all team members.
What makes working at Paige Landscape so special?
We understand most commercial property managers are under pressure to have their property make a positive impression. At Paige Landscape we offer clear communication, attention to detail, and creative solutions so that the landscape creates a sense of joy for the tenants and peace of mind for our clients.
- We care about how our behavior and actions impact our team, customers, and the company.
- We are obsessed with quality landscaping and creatively solving our customers’ problems.
- We are driven to grow personally and professionally to learn, advance, and win.
We provide the best care because people deserve to work, live and play surrounded by an environment that creates joy.
What will my daily experience at Paige Landscape look like?
While many positions are different, each day, every team member prides themselves on taking the following actions:
- I Communicate: I clearly communicate with our team and clients, so we understand what we are doing and when we are doing it.
- I Pay Attention to Details: I focus on the little things that make all the difference and a positive impression.
- I am Prepared and Organized: I prepare for tomorrow today because preparation determines outcome and organization increases efficiency.
Satisfactory performance at this level is indicated by efficient and effective maintenance and repairs of equipment and fleet, shop and yard organization, and coordination with other managers to ensure company’s goals are met.
We don’t want Paige Landscape to be just another job for you.
We are on a mission to provide peace of mind by delivering the best care because people deserve to work, live and play surrounded by an environment that creates joy. If you work at Paige Landscape, you’ll learn about plants, safety, business, customer service and most importantly you’ll be creating a positive impression that improves the lives of others.
Essential Function Examples
1. Perform diagnostics, repairs, and maintenance on commercial lawn mowers and 2-cycle engines (e.g.: string trimmers, edgers, back blowers).
2. Perform diagnostics, repairs and maintenance of fleet vehicles and trailers in compliance with all local, state, and federal DOT regulations and company policies. When needed take warranty/ major repairs to outside vendors.
3. Perform diagnostics, repairs, and maintenance of light to heavy equipment (e.g.: skid steer, compact loader, mini excavator).
4. Perform diagnostics, repairs, and maintenance on snow related equipment (e.g.: plows, pushers, sanders, spreaders, and snow blowers).
5. Maintains fleet and equipment to reflect company image and provide a safe operating environment for our employees.
6. Promote employee engagement, with hands on training and support in areas of safety, asset management, proper maintenance techniques and equipment operation.
7. Establish and implement effective stocking processes to maintain the proper seasonal parts inventory.
8. Maintains daily shop and yard cleanliness and organization.
9. Maintains service logs and records of preventative maintenance and repairs for all equipment and vehicles.
10. Contribute to our company by sharing ideas, strategies, and challenges.
11. Attends weekly team meetings.
12. Provides excellent service (e.g.: accurate, complete, and timely) to vendors, work-site partners, and company team members in a courteous and efficient manner.
1. At least four (4) plus years related work experience with general fleet and equipment maintenance and repair experience.
2. Must possess a strong mechanical skill set including knowledge of basic electrical systems, hydraulic systems, mower technology and engines, 2-cycle engines.
3. Fabrication welding experience.
4. Self-driven to develop personal knowledge to grow and improve skills and expertise.
5. Valid driver’s and hydraulics license required.
Key Performance Indicators
The Key Performance Indicators for this position will be specified at the time of appointment.
Attractions of the Job
Employment at Paige Landscape Company, Inc. offers an exciting and rewarding career path, competitive pay and bonus program, PTO, training, and an opportunity to make a difference in the lives of others. Paige Landscape Company, Inc. is constantly seeking progressive growth, which in turn provides excellent opportunities and professional growth for its team members. Come grow with us now!
Contact us today to set up an interview:
2255 Providence Hwy
Walpole, MA 02081