BRISTOL COUNTY AGRICULTURAL HIGH SCHOOL
FOREMAN: PLANT SCIENCE
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsible for the daily care and maintenance of the campus grounds. Example responsibilities include maintenance of: athletic fields, lawns, meadows, plantings, container nursery, roadways, nature trails, irrigation systems, greenhouses. The Landscape Foreperson is directly involved with snow removal. Responsibilities will also include preventive maintenance and repair of facilities and equipment utilized in those duties. The Landscape Foreperson is responsible for student worker oversight, safety and training, in addition to record keeping. May be assigned to any campus wide maintenance project as per direction of the facilities Director, Landscape,Arboriculture, or Floriculture department chairperson and/or designee.
GENERAL STATEMENT OF QUALIFICATIONS
A minimum of three years in a supervisory capacity in the field(s) of, landscape maintenance/construction, nursery production, greenhouse management, arboriculture or related fields. The following credentials will be preferred:
- Associate Degree or higher in Horticulture
- MCLP/MCH is preferred
- ISA Certification is preferred
- Satisfactory completion of Green School is preferred
- Two Years to receive certifications
- Proven ability to organize and supervise student-aged work crews.
- Proven expertise in grounds maintenance and common plant identification.
- Proven expertise in the operation of landscape equipment, maintenance and repairs.
- Athletic and Lawn area Turf Management
- Working knowledge of nursery operations, handling plant material, landscape construction and greenhouse management.
- Proven ability to develop work schedules, preventive maintenance management, communication through technology (basic Google and Microsoft skills required).
- Proven ability to manage and repair irrigation systems.
- Proven ability to work independently without direct supervision.
- Basic record keeping skills (student payroll, preventive maintenance records, spray records, inventory etc.).
- Valid driver’s license – CDL preferred
- Valid Massachusetts Pesticide Applicators License.
- Hoisting License 2a, 1c
- Assist vocational instructors in vocational education related activities.
- Willingness to learn and be part of a team.
As per 7 Step pay scale – Job Group 14. Paid earned sick leave, vacations, holidays and personal days as per Bristol County Agricultural H.S. Support Staff Contract.
Please submit your letter of interest and qualifications for the position to:
Ryan Miranda, Facilities Director (Rmiranda@bcahs.com)
Bristol County Agricultural High School
135 Center Street, Dighton, MA 02715 Fax (508)669-6747
Bristol County Agricultural High School is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Retirement plan
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Dighton, MA 02715: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Driver's License (Preferred)
Work Location: In person
APPLY ON INDEED.