Harris Lawn & Landscape, Worcester, MA
We are looking for a motivated detail oriented individual who enjoys working outdoors to join our landscape construction crews. Leadership and team member positions available. Opportunity for development and growth within our fast growing company is available.
We have been proudly serving Worcester and surrounding community for 5 years now. We provide quality service and deliver first class results. We believe in enriching lives through the outdoors. As a part of many organizations including NALP, MCLP, and SIMA we always strive to improve and better ourselves to deliver superior service to our clients. We maintain 5 star ratings across all online platforms and look to hire only the best employees the industry has to offer. With many competitive benefits and perks, we know you will be happy here. Come build a lasting career with a company that appreciates your hard work and attention to detail!
We are NOT looking for general laborers. We are looking for those who have a passion for the outdoors to join our award winning team.
To be considered for the job we ask all applicants to fill out an application at www.harrislawn.com/apply
Daily tasks include the following
- Pre/Post use inspection of truck, trailer & equipment
- Preform landscape construction work to include paver patios, retaining walls, plant installation, lawn installations, landscape lighting, drainage, and other general landscape work.
- Perform basic maintenance of equipment and small repairs in the field as needed
- Perform snow removal and salting during the winter
The right candidate will have the following
- Knowledgeable and proficient in the field of landscape construction
- A strong passion for and dedication to the landscape industry
- Understand the importance of quality of work and have the attention to detail to provide this
- Willingness to collaborate and step up as a leader
- Willingness to communicate openly with direct employees and managers
- Ability to meet company cleanliness standards and monitor the quality of work
- Actively seeks out industry knowledge and training along with leadership and personal development
- For snow removal: have the flexibility to work around the weather and ability to work long hours preforming snow removal services. Nights, weekends and overtime will be required dependent on the timing of the weather.
Other requirements include
- 3+ years of related experience
- Valid drivers license and clean record
- MA DOT card or the ability to obtain one
- Ability to drive truck and trailer combination (preferred)
- Experience operating skid steers and compact excavators (preferred)
- MA Hoisting License (preferred)
- OSHA 10/30 (preferred)
- Applicants with military experience encouraged to apply
This is a full-time seasonal position. Snow removal services and winter work during the off season. Average work day is 10 hours for approx. 50 hours a week. Time and a half over 40 hours. The occasional Saturday will be required based on weather and other delays. Paid sick/vacation. Paid training and development available. Paid holidays. Tuition reimbursement for industry related courses. 401k and many other company benefits.
Competitive wages based on experience. Room to grow within company. Come join a fast growing company that appreciates hard work and attention to detail!
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $30 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Landscape construction: 3 years (Required)
- Landscape maintenance: 3 years (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Required)
- DOT Medical card? (Preferred)