POTTED UP is a landscape firm offering garden design, installation and fine garden maintenance services.
We seek an outgoing, pro-active, hands-on person who is a lover of nature and enjoys being outside while being part of a team. We celebrate and reward hard work and commitment. This is an entry level position with growth potential.
We provide the knowledge, tools, uniform and transportation.
- Support gardening team in the installation and maintenance of small “city-sized” in-ground & rooftop gardens
- Weed, dead-head, rake, dig, plant, and water gardens throughout the Boston area
- Load and unload trucks with plants and other materials
- Run materials to and from truck
- Keep job sites organized: tools, equipment, plant materials
- Keep trucks organized and clean
- Care of tools and equipment
- Other tasks as assigned
- Desire to be a team member and promote a professional, cheerful and respectful work environment with co-workers, clients and vendors
- Ability to work both in a team setting as well as independently
- Punctuality and present a clean, professional work attire daily
- Strong work ethic with a commitment to excellence
- Passion for plants and the environment
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment
- Must have strong organizational and time management skills
Physical Nature of the Job:
- Outdoor gardening work, including heavy lifting, planting and removal of plants, garden supplies, containers, and tools.
- Work is performed in outdoor gardens and roof decks. Often requiring the climbing of multiple flights of stairs or ladders with garden materials/equipment.
- Must be able to Lift 50 lbs.
- Must be able to get in/out of trucks, kneel, and bend over
- Work in inclement weather (Heat, humidity, rain, snow, cold)
- Gardening or Landscaping for 1-year (preferred)
Pay and Benefits:
- $22.00 - $25.00 per hour, starting hourly wage, two-month review with potential $2.00 per hour raise, based on experience
- Paid Holidays
- Vacation time
- Paid Sick Time
- Year-end bonus, potential
- 401K Retirement Savings Plan
- Horticultural and Safety Training
- Workers comp
Hiring Manager, Head Foreman